Okay we get it, worry and stress are bad for us. As a matter of fact they not only drain us mentally but they take a toll on our physical health as well. But this post isn’t here to regurgitate all of the scientifically-backed side effects in relation to excessive worrying and stressing. Since we’re pretty sure nobody enjoys worrying and/or stressing out, we can at least take some measures to mindfully release the grasp of them when they take hold of our consciousness. Lets give worry and stress a run for their money instead of allowing them to unconscionably imprison us. Here are 10 quotes that may mindfully remind us of how unnecessary and ineffective they can be:
1. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” – Morris West
2. “If you really knew what was happening to you when you are stressed, you would freak out.” – Dr. Mark Hyman
3. “Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries.” – Astrid Alauda
5. “Most of the things you worry about never happen.”
6. “Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles, it takes away today’s peace.”
7. “Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is.” – German Proverb
8. “Worrying is like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain.”
9. “Worry is a misuse of the imagination.”
10. “Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.” – Walt Disney
It’s also helpful to remember that…
and also that…
Let us know how you mindfully deal with worrying or stress. We’d love to hear some of your favorite quotes on them as well.
Did you enjoy this post? Then you may want to join our blog subscribers by entering your email near the top right-hand side of this page.