Many of us often find ourselves in situations that we deem as less than ideal at the time that we are involved in them. Sometimes all we need is a shift in our perception in order to make the most of our respective situations. Here are eight reminders to use when we want to motivate ourselves to live the present moment to the fullest.
1. Through full engagement we can gain joy in everyday life.
“We need to be aware that every second of our life is inestimably precious and have the intelligence to decide to make the best use of it for our own good and the good of others.” – Matthieu Ricard
2. Imagine how much better off you’ll be after this activity if you give it your full attention now.
You can do it!
“Look at the situation you are in and immediately, without delay, arouse fervent devotion.” – Tennyi Lingpa
3. Use everything in life as a learning experience.
4. Drop any notion of how you think conditions should be and surrender to the current situation at hand.
(go with the flow instead of fighting the waves)
“Surrender to what is. Say “yes” to life — and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you.” – Eckhart Tolle
5. Life is too short to always depend on the future to make it be better. Do your best to make the most out of the present moment and cultivate happiness sooner than later.
“Transform our way of perceiving things, we transform the quality of our lives.” – Matthieu Ricard
6. Whatever we our doing right now is playing a part in shaping our future and the future of our environment.
7. People may be depending on us, no matter how small what we are doing may seem.
8. We should have nothing to regret in life, just lessons learned.
Did you enjoy this post? Then you may want to join our blog subscribers by entering your email near the top right-hand side of this page.