In the spirit of Mindfulness Day, the free online awareness event that begins on May 4th held by our friend the Mindfulness Coach, here is a list of quotes that we can refer to at anytime to inspire, motivate, and help us live in the present moment.
1. “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.” – Bob Dylan
2. “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.” – Eckhart Tolle
3. “If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.” – Lao Tzu
4. “Be Yourself. Life is precious as it is. All the elements for your happiness are already here. There is no need to run, strive, search, or struggle. Just Be.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
5. “Put your heart, mind, intellect, and soul even into your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” – Swami Sivananda
6. “The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it is called the present.” – Alice Morse Earle
7. “The future is completely open, and we are writing it moment to moment.” – Pema Chodron
8. “Be here now. Be someplace else later.” – David Bader
9. “You have power over your mind, not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
10. “Awareness is like the sun. When it shines on things, they are transformed.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
12. “We spend precious hours fearing the inevitable. It would be wise to use that time adoring our families, cherishing our friends and living our lives.” – Maya Angelou
13. “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.” – Eckhart Tolle
14. “Keep your head clear. It doesn’t matter how bright the path is if your head is always cloudy.” – Unknown
Did you enjoy this post? Then you may want to join our blog subscribers by entering your email near the top right-hand side of this page.